If you are interested in moving to Australia permanently, one of the best ways to do so is by obtaining an Australia PR visa. This will allow you to live, work, and study in Australia indefinitely, and even apply for citizenship later on.
Attend our FREE Informative Seminar on AUSTRALIA PR
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for Australia PR.
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
The first step in Applying For Permanent Residency Australia is determining whether you are eligible for the visa. There are several different types of PR visas available, each with their own eligibility requirements. The most common type of PR visa is the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189), which is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, family member, or state/territory government.
To be eligible for a Skilled Independent Visa, you must:
- Be under 45 years old
- Have a minimum score of 65 points on the Points Test (which takes into account factors such as your age, education, work experience, language skills, and more)
- Have an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Have a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your occupation
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements
- Meet the health and character requirements
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for a Skilled Independent Visa, there are other PR visas that may be suitable for you, such as the Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) or the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186). You can find more information about the different types of PR visas on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Step 2: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Once you have determined that you are eligible for a PR visa, the next step is to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the Skill Select system. This is an online platform that allows you to showcase your skills, experience, and other relevant information to potential employers and state/territory governments.
To submit an EOI, you will need to create an account on Skill Select and provide information about you’re:
- Personal details
- Education and qualifications
- Work experience
- English language proficiency
- Skills assessment
- Nomination by a state/territory government (if applicable)
Based on this information, you will be assigned a score on the Points Test. If your score is high enough, you may be invited to apply for a PR visa.
Step 3: Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
If your EOI is selected, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a PR visa. This will include instructions on how to apply, as well as a deadline for submitting your application.
It is important to note that receiving an ITA does not guarantee that you will be granted a PR visa. You will still need to meet all the eligibility requirements and provide all the necessary documentation to support your application.
Step 4: Gather and Prepare Your Documents
Before you begin your application, you will need to gather all the necessary documents to support your eligibility and claims. This may include:
- Identification documents (e.g. passport, birth certificate)
- Skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your occupation
- English language proficiency test results
- Educational qualifications (e.g. degrees, diplomas, transcripts)
- Work experience evidence (e.g. reference letters, employment contracts)
- Police clearance certificates from all countries you have lived in for more than 12 months in the past 10 years
- Medical examinations and health insurance (if required)
It is important to ensure that all your documents are up-to-date, certified, and translated into English (if necessary).
Step 5: Submit Your Application
Once you have gathered and prepared all your documents, you can submit your PR visa application online through the Department of Home Affairs website. You will need to create an Immi Account and provide all the required information and documentation.
When submitting your application, make sure to:
- Answer all the questions truthfully and accurately
- Provide all the required documents and information
- Pay the application fee
- Check the eligibility requirements for your visa type
- Submit your application before the deadline in your ITA
Step 6: Wait for a Decision
After you submit your application, you will need to wait for a decision from the Department of Home Affairs. The processing time for PR visas can vary depending on your visa type and other factors, but it can take several months or even up to a year in some cases.
During this time, you may be contacted by the Department of Home Affairs for additional information or documentation. Make sure to respond promptly and provide all the requested information to avoid delays in processing your application.
Step 7: Receive Your Australia PR Visa
If your application is approved, you will receive your PR visa and be able to move to Australia permanently. Your visa will come with certain conditions, such as the requirement to live in Australia for a certain period of time and to comply with all Australian laws and regulations.
You will also be able to enjoy the Benefits of Having Australia PR, such as:
- The right to live, work, and study in Australia indefinitely
- Access to Medicare (Australia’s national health care system)
- The ability to sponsor eligible relatives for PR visas
- The opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship after meeting the eligibility criteria
Applying for Australia PR can be a complex process, but by following these steps, you can increase your chances of success. It is important to do your research, gather all the required documents, and submit a complete and accurate application. With Australia PR, you can enjoy a high quality of life and a wealth of opportunities in one of the world’s most desirable destinations.